TruSTAR is an intelligence platform built for security and fraud teams and we have a unique career opportunity for talented engineers like you. You'll be on the frontlines of information security, building communication and sharing products to help connect the network of enterprise security operators facing off against the most sophisticated attackers in the world.
Working on the engineering team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
About TruSTAR's Backend Team
Our backend team works in a microservices-oriented architecture using modern technologies like Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Kafka, gRPC, Spark, among others. We pride ourselves in using an “Infrastructure-As-Code” approach that ensures our code and infrastructure are secure and easily deployed in the cloud. Our engineers are empowered to try on new technologies and contribute to streamlining our stack while they evolve the platform to the next level.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product development team to advance the product and technical roadmap.
- Build and maintain critical software services and components across the entire stack, inside a highly-secure data processing environment.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle by writing code, tests, documentation, attending daily stand up and other meetings; and communicating effectively with peers and managers.
- Support our DevOps operation for production services in cloud infrastructure using modern tools and frameworks.
- Participate in mentoring activities, on call rotation as appropriate to your domain expertise, bug triaging and resolution.
- 2-5 years of industry experience in backend engineering roles.
- Proficient in Java, Python.
- Deep understanding of object oriented design and programming, REST APIs and web applications.
- Experience in software development life-cycle on agile environments.
- Experience with source control tools (git, gitlab), databases (SQL / Nosql).
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS or Azure.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Familiar with *nix systems, bash programming.
- Experience in the following tools of our stack: Spring Boot, Spring Cloud, Docker, microservices, Terraform, Kafka, Spark
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices.
Learn more about us at: https://www.trustar.co/
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your resume and CV to email@example.com with the subject title “Backend Engineer II” to apply today!