TruSTAR is an Intelligence Management Platform that helps you operationalize data across tools and teams, helping you prioritize investigations and accelerate incident response.
We're committed to creating a global community of defenders that can seamlessly fuse intelligence into security operations; regardless of technical, organizational or political barriers. Our mission is to build and deliver technology so teams of security professionals can Defend Better Together. We believe that when security professionals can integrate intelligence data into every stage of their workflow, they can make better decisions faster.
Working on the Product team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Lead a growing team of software engineers to develop our ecosystems of applications, building new applications from the ground up and supporting the existing apps and integrations.
- Manage multiple development projects, including development of new applications and intel sources, and the evolution and maintenance of existing ones
- Lead effectively through outcomes rather than tasks
- Own the end to end software delivery and timeline, including design, development, testing and deployment to meet business and technical requirements
- Collaborate with product managers and senior level engineering leaders to define the team's vision, strategy and roadmap
- Mentor, grow and empower your team to accomplish professional and personal goals
- Establish process and best practices for software development for your team and the engineering organization
- Establish operational and functional integrity, helping define and implement SLIs and SLOs
- Prioritize and manage tasks to execute on technology & architectural roadmap
- Minimum of 6-8 years of industry experience in engineering back-end roles.
- Dedicated to owning complex technology decisions and rapidly prototyping solutions with minimal supervision.
- Proficiency in Java / Python.
- Proven experience building and architecting web applications, services, and APIs.
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS or Azure.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Track record of excellence in a high-paced, agile software development environment, ideally in an early-stage startup.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Experience building enterprise software systems.
- Experience in the following tools of our stack: Docker, microservices, serverless, AWS ecosystem.
- Linux/UNIX system administration and network administration skills.
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices.
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment tools such as Gitlab CI/CD.
- Experience in enterprise / government security operations center or in enterprise security product development.
Learn more about us at: https://www.trustar.co/
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.