Unlike many security products, TruSTAR’s intelligence platform is designed to enhance the human factor in security response, instead of removing it. For this reason, UI/UX is extremely important at TruSTAR and we take it very seriously.
Working on the front-end team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, iterate quickly, and use cutting-edge technology. If you're interested in learning more about the Engineering team, you can check out our Hired profile.
About TruSTAR's Front-End Team
Our front-end team is still very small, which means you can have a serious impact from day one, helping us shape everything from our product architecture to the appearance of the UI.
- We love to stay current with front-end technology. Our current stack includes React/Redux, Rx.js, and D3 among others. We love our stack but we’re always willing to evolve as our needs change as the front-end ecosystem evolves. For example, we’re about to bring Node and GraphQL into the stack to better support multiple API clients.
- We empower our developers. We recognize you’re an expert in your field and we want you to feel comfortable utilizing your expertise. Want to introduce new technology into the stack? Want to drastically change the way we manage state? Let’s do it! We’ll discuss as a team and if the proposition makes sense given the team’s goals we may start implementing in the next sprint.
- We prioritize developer experience. We use hot-reloading in all of our apps so that we can iterate quickly. We use CSS Modules to eliminate CSS styling clashes. We believe that happy developers build excellent products. It should be a joy to work on a codebase.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Take ownership of product features from design to implementation.
- Work closely with the product development team to advance the product roadmap.
- Make technology decisions and rapidly prototype solutions.
- Understand our users and view their problems as your own.
- Experience building single-page, data-heavy web applications.
- Ability to architect technical solutions at a high level as well as dive into the implementation.
- Eagerness to take ownership of a product or feature and make a serious impact.
- Functional programming experience.
- Existing experience with technologies in our stack: React, Rx.js, Immutable.js, D3, Webpack, etc.
- Experience building server-side applications.
- Working knowledge of Java/Python/Postgres and/or willingness to learn our full stack.
- Competitive salary with strong equity incentives.
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits with flexible work schedule.
- Catered meals, happy hours, team outings and off-sites.
- Collaborative and fun workspace in San Francisco.
Who We Are
The TruSTAR team is composed of a mix of seasoned entrepreneurs, former security and intelligence specialists, and killer product developers building the next generation of connective defense tools in cybersecurity. Our team has decades of tactical and strategic experience in cybersecurity operations, intelligence sharing and analysis, and developing security software products for enterprises.
TruSTAR is Series-A funded startup that is backed by top-tier investors and with customers drawing from across the Fortune 500. We have seen explosive growth in 2017-2018 and it will only continue to accelerate. We're looking for smart, entrepreneurial people to join our rapidly growing team of security specialists and savvy software developers in San Francisco and Washington, D.C.