TruSTAR is an intelligence platform built for security and fraud teams and we have a unique career opportunity for talented engineers like you. You'll be on the frontlines of information security, building communication and sharing products to help connect the network of enterprise security operators facing off against the most sophisticated attackers in the world.
Working on the engineering team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
About TruSTAR’s Frontend Team
Our Applications team builds web applications security operators trust to deliver mission-critical intelligence. We operate as a team to identify user flows, iterate design mockups, and develop simple and intuitive workflows for our customers. Our team develops Single Page Applications using React, Redux, and Styled Components. We empower our engineers to evolve and streamline our technology stack to enhance user and developer experiences.
Your Role & Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product development team to advance the product and technical roadmap.
- Build customer facing UI’s using our current stack.
- Take ownership of product features, collaborating in the design, implementation and maintenance.
- Take ownership of frontend technologies in our stack, with a mindset that prioritizes security, resilience, and cross-browser compatibility.
- Understand our users and view their problems as your own.
- Find new tools and libraries that would benefit the team, communicate their importance and implement them.
Who You Are
- 4+ years experience building and launching successful user-centric products.
- Live and breathe customer insights and obsess about doing what’s right for our customers.
- Proven ability to make smart features vs. time-to-market trade-offs by using data and metrics to back up assumptions and assertions of business value.
- Strong collaboration skills, with a proven ability to work across customer success, sales, marketing and engineering teams and influence senior leaders.
- Have a clear understanding of UX design principles and experience working with customers and stakeholders as part of a design process.
- Ability to prioritize and complete multiple tasks with minimal supervision, a sense of intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positivity.
- You take your work seriously, but not yourself - and you have a desire to be a part of a fast-paced, high-energy, start-up experience with a team of diverse, smart and motivated people.
- 2-4 years of product management experience in Frontend / Fullstack engineering roles.
- Knowledge of the software development life-cycle.
- Experience building web applications using REST APIs.
- Experience with agile methodologies.
- Experience building single-page, data-heavy web applications, and asynchronous data handling.
- Rapid prototyping skills.
- Experience delivering cross-team features and coordinating with other teams.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Existing experience with technologies in our stack: React, Redux, Styled Components, Rx.js, Immutable.js, D3, Flow, Webpack, Jest, Storybook, etc.
- Familiarity with technologies we plan to adopt: GraphQL, Typescript, React Testing Library, and Storybook.
- High Level understanding of our backend stack: PostgreSQL, Elasticsearch, Neo4j, Apache Spark, and Spring Boot.
How To Apply
Send your resume and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject title “Software Engineer II, Front-End” to apply today!
Learn more about us at: https://www.trustar.co
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.