TruSTAR is an intelligence platform built for security and fraud teams and we have a unique career opportunity for talented engineers like you. You'll be on the frontlines of information security, building communication and sharing products to help connect the network of enterprise security operators facing off against the most sophisticated attackers in the world.
Working on the engineering team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
About TruSTAR's Engineering Team
Our engineering team works in a microservices-oriented architecture using modern technologies like Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Kafka, gRPC, Spark, among others. Our engineers are empowered to try on new technologies and contribute to streamlining our stack while they evolve the platform to the next level.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Work as an embedded engineer in a functional team to drive quality assurance through exploratory and automated testing, identifying issues with software before the product launch
- Collaborate closely with the Product team to review requirements, use cases and specifications
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Design, develop and execute automation tests
- Define, track and report on metrics like defect rate and open bug count
- Document results of test, and recommend changes and improvements to the engineering and product teams
- Support software releases and product launches
- 3+ years of experience in software development and testing
- Familiarity with integration, regression and load testing
- Extensive experience in testing frameworks like Selenium, Cypress and others
- Experience with continuous build tools like Gitlab CI / CD, Circle CI, Github Actions
- Deep understanding of REST APIs, web applications and cloud systems
- Experience with API testing tools like Postman
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills and exception attention to detail
- Experience in software development life-cycle on agile environments
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Familiar with *nix systems, bash programming.
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices.
- Experience with cloud service providers like AWS or Azure.
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Send your resume and CV to email@example.com with the subject title “QA Engineer” to apply today!