TruSTAR is an intelligence platform built for security and fraud teams and we have a unique career opportunity for talented engineers like you. You'll be on the frontlines of information security, building communication and sharing products to help connect the network of enterprise security operators facing off against the most sophisticated attackers in the world.
Working on the engineering team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
About TruSTAR's Backend Team
Our backend team works in a microservices-oriented architecture using modern technologies like Docker, Gitlab CI/CD, Kafka, gRPC, Spark, among others. Our engineers are empowered to try on new technologies and contribute to streamlining our stack while they evolve the platform to the next level. Our Engineering Team operates in the following timezones: Argentina Standard Time, Eastern Time, Central Time and Pacific Time. Our team is fully distributed and we welcome English speakers within those timezones.
Your Roles and Responsibilities
- Work closely with the Product organization to advance the product and technical roadmap.
- Architect, build, and maintain critical software services across the stack, inside a highly-secure data processing environment.
- Design and implement architectural enhancements that improve performance and scalability. Establish repeatable patterns for solving new engineering challenges that can be reused by other engineers.
- Own major product development initiatives..
- Provide DevOps support for production services in cloud infrastructure using modern tools and frameworks.
- Participate in the software development lifecycle by writing code, tests, documentation; supporting the sprint management process; and communicating effectively with peers and managers.
- Participate in mentoring activities, on call rotation as appropriate to your domain expertise, bug triaging and resolution.
- Minimum of 4 years of industry experience in engineering back-end roles.
- Proficiency in Java.
- Familiar with Python.
- Proven experience building and architecting web applications, services, and APIs.
- Experience with Elasticsearch / ELK stack.
- Experience with cloud service providers (AWS).
- Dedicated to owning complex technology decisions and rapidly prototyping solutions with minimal supervision.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including a demonstrated ability to prepare documentation and presentations for technical and non-technical audiences.
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field.
- Experience building enterprise software systems.
- Experience in the following tools of our stack: Spring Boot, Docker, Databricks, Scala, microservices, Kafka, Spark, AWS ecosystem.
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices.
- Experience with continuous integration / deployment tools such as Gitlab CI/CD.
How To Apply
Send your resume and CV to email@example.com with the subject title “Senior Software Engineer, Back-End” to apply today!
Learn more about us at: https://www.trustar.co/
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.