TruSTAR is an intelligence platform built for security and fraud teams and we have a unique career opportunity for talented engineers like you. You'll be on the frontlines of information security, building communication and sharing products to help connect the network of enterprise security operators facing off against the most sophisticated attackers in the world.
Working on the engineering team at TruSTAR is a unique mix of working at a fast-moving early-stage startup and an enterprise security company. The enterprise market has historically been saturated with monolithic, poorly designed software solutions that rarely change. At TruSTAR we take the opposite approach—we move fast, take risks, and use cutting-edge technology.
About TruSTAR’s Infrastructure Team
Our infrastructure team designs, builds and maintains the AWS-cloud based platform that supports our microservices oriented architecture, using technologies like Fargate, Docker, GitLab CI/CD, Kafka, CloudWatch, among others. Our engineers are empowered to try on new technologies and contribute to streamlining our stack while they evolve the platform to the next level.
Your Role and Responsibilities
- Design, build and troubleshoot TruSTAR’s cloud architecture
- Support, design, operation, and implementation of CI/CD tools, processes, and change management
- Support, design, and improvement of configuration management tools and processes
- Design, develop and maintain logging, monitoring and alerting for all business critical systems and create a culture of “resilience as a feature” at TruSTAR
- Provide capacity planning and demand forecasting based on product and business growth needs, and proactively develop plans to address performance bottlenecks
- Implement a continuous improvement process that includes root-cause analysis, solution identification and implementation, and ongoing emphasis on auto-remediation
- Participate in rotating on-call duties
- Automate resource provisioning and allocation process
- Run software performance analysis and system tuning
- 4+ years of industry experience in engineering
- 2+ years experience with cloud service providers (AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Experience working with Unix/Linux systems from kernel to shell
- Experience with network protocols and theory, including load balancing, proxy configuration, etc.
- Experience managing and administering SQL, Nosql databases, and other datastores (e.g Elasticsearch)
- Experience with Orchestration tools, such as Ansible, Terraform, CloudFormation
- Systematic approach to problem solving
- B.S. or M.S. in computer science or a related field
- Coding skills in Python or Java
- Experience with CI/CD tools (Gitlab, Jenkins)
- Knowledge and passion for information security, trends, and leading practices
- Expertise in designing, analyzing, and troubleshooting large-scale distributed systems
Learn more about us at: https://www.trustar.co
TruSTAR embraces diversity. We are proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and do not discriminate on the basis of sex, race, color, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.